History

1872
 

The Böhler brothers purchase the Bruckbach ironworks

(today’s Böhler PROFIL site)

1878 - 1889
 

Agencies in Europe, Asia and the USA

1890
 

Construction of the Sophien ironworks in Böhlerwerk, establishment of a hammer mill

1893
 

Construction of a steel warehouse and an administration building

1896
 

Commissioning of an annealing plant and a machining shop

1907
 

Opening of the Sonntagberg railway stop

The rail connection and the inclined lift to the Bruckbach ironwork are ready for use, eliminating the need for horse-drawn transport previously used at the plant.

1961
 

Expansion of the midsection for hot rolled steel strip

Procurement of an 800 kW drive motor and conversion of the furnaces to natural gas.

1975
 

Merger of BÖHLER, SCHOELLER-BLECKMANN and STEIRISCHE GUSSSTAHLWERKE AG to form VEREINIGTE EDELSTAHLWERKE AG (VEW)

1978 - 1989
 

Remodeling of the rolling mill building, construction of a new finishing building, and mechanization of the billet furnace with manipulators

1988
 

Formation of the new BÖHLER company by splitting VEW into Böhler GmbH and Schoeller-Bleckmann GmbH

1991
 

Reorganization of the BÖHLER Group Austria within BÖHLER-UDDEHOLM AG

Initial public offer

1995
 

Founding of the independent company “Böhler Ybbstal Profil GmbH”

2000 - 2007
 

Investment in a continuous rolling line and a finishing line

2008
 

Acquisition of BÖHLER UDDEHOLM AG by voestalpine AG

2012
 

Expansion of the office building and construction of a new reception building

2013
 

Change of company name from “Böhler Ybbstal Profil GmbH” to “Böhler PROFIL GmbH”

2016
 

Extension of continuous rolling line